Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yellow Ladybird visits Again!

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

I've mentioned in my preceding posts in this thread that I had chased away a yellow spotless ladybird, not realising that it was supposed to be good for my plants as ladybirds were said to eat up pests such as aphids & mealy bugs.

After leaving our guests on a flowering shrub that was 2 blocks away from our flat during weekends, we were surprised by the presence of yet another yellow spotless ladybird.

I had no idea if it was the same chap that we removed over weekends but anyway, I have decided to leave it untouched & let this ladybird be our guest since we've plenty of room here with our "Ginger" plants.

I had also taken the valuable opportunity to take a few photographs of our guest... becox it looked so loveable & cute! Don't you agree?

Posted Image

Isn't this spotless yellow ladybird cute-looking? It looks "kawaii"...
Posted Image


And here's another "kawaii" shot of our guest. The yellow wings looked so polished & glossy.

Doesn't the ladybird remind us of a yellow Volkswagen Beetle?

Isn't it just adorable? hahahaha

Posted Image


However, I did wonder if such a breed of ladybird is supposed to be beneficial to plants or are they leaf eaters as some of the breeds are?

Anyways, I will have to be on a look out to see if my plants had been attacked.

But meanwhile, please enjoy photographs of these cuuuuuuuuuuute ladybird.

No comments:

Post a Comment