Sunday, February 12, 2012

A new visitor : Yellow Ladybird

Towards this early evening, I was surprised to see a yellow bug which clung onto one of my red "corns".

I took it off carefully & was told by my hubby that it was a lady bug which was said to be beneficial to all plants. Lady bugs were beneficial insects who helped in getting rid of pests such as aphids. By eating them of course.

However, out of ignorance, I brought the lady bug down to the ground floor & left it onto a flowering shrub as I didn't believe that it was a lady bug since it was yellow & not red with black pokka dots as typically depicted in cartoons or photographs.

I almost kicked myself when the search engines on the internet has confirmed that it was indeed a precious yellow lady bug! I've just sent off a good insect that would benefit my plants!

Ain't I stupid?

Right now, I could only be hopeful that my plants would be a future resting place for more lady bugs in the near future.

And the worse part was, I didn't even take a photograph of the yellow lady bug.

This was how my yellow lady bug looked like...
Posted Image
I think I must be crazy to chase away such a precious insect whose doing good to my ginger plants. *sob* Let's just hope that other lady bugs would find their way to my plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment