Sunday, February 19, 2012

More on the Yellow ladybird "illeis koebelei"

After consulting the owner for the following website (Everything on Ladybug), he had kindly advised me that this particular breed of ladybird is known as illeis koebelei.
http://www.everything-ladybug.com/ladybug-pest-control.html

This breed of spotless yellow ladybird is a plant-friendly insect that thrives on cleaning up mildew & fungus attacking plants.

As such, we were more than happy to have it become a permanent resident of our plants. :) However, we don't see it nowadays. We are hoping to see it coming back to our plants & welcomes it making our plants its home & where possible, breeding there.

I recalled seeing this strange looking chap crawling around my plants a month ago... it moved really fast & I had made several attempts to catch hold of it but was unsuccessful. Now I realised that it might be the larvae or baby of the spotless yellow ladybird.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: I do not own the photograph of the larvae for the illeis koebelei uploaded as above. Kindly give the photo credits to the owner of the following website: http://gaga.biodiv.tw/new23/s7-26.htm . Thank you.
While I was watering my plants recently, I came across another 3 ladybirds loitering around my plants...

By the time I fetched my camera, the other 2 were no longer in sight & the other chap has flown towards another plant in the same pot. However, I have managed to take some photographs of it before it flew off to another location.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No comments:

Post a Comment