Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Story Of My "tree" Musketeers - A beautiful array of budding plants

These photographs were taken on 2nd November 2011 in the late afternoon when there is minimal sunlight:

A generous spray of 4 flower buds being pushed out of the red "scales" of the corn-like flower heads...



The photograph above features a generous spray of flower buds in bloom. However, I did notice that the flower buds wouldn't last if there is an over-watering of plants or when the soil is extremely wet every day.

As such, I would gauge the amount of water to be used to water the plants based on the texture of the soil. If the soil looks very dry, I would pour in a generous amount of water. Should the soil texture come across as damp, say, after it gets its supply of rain water, I might jux use half the usual amount of water for watering the plants.
This has been the flower food that I had been using for these ginger plants:




























It's 10 drops to 1 litre of water. However, I would usually double the quantity of fertiliser.

My hubby had applied the fertiliser to my brother inlaw's pomegranate plant & what surprised us was the plant started bearing fruits after being infertile for almost 5 years.


There's another type of organic fertiliser which does wonder to all my plants but I had difficulties using it recently when the roots of my Ginger plants had been making its way to the soil surface of my pot. I reckon that I wouldn't be able to start using this grayish-coloured pellet form of organic fertiliser until I repot my plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment